Thursday, May 20, 2010

art challenge

I am going to give my daughter a challenge this summer, to do a drawing a day.  I've noticed in her sketchbook she has a very unique drawing style, and I see an illustrator when I look at her work.    Since she will be a senior this coming year (yikes!) I would like to help her get a portfolio started in case she wants to apply for a design school or something else like that.
I've been dying to do some drawing and watercolor paintings as well, but I know with my other creative projects I have going on (a collection for Omaha Fashion Week in September) I will not have the time to do one every day.
I've asked her to make a list of possible subjects for these drawings, because I know as a kid I always had a hard time thinking of what to draw, and I know I hear that question a lot from students when they want to do extra artwork.
I've made a list as well, so if she gets stuck, I'll throw some of these out:
food
vegetables
desserts (think Wayne Thiebaud)

furniture (I always see tons of Eames designed furniture in illustrations)



houses, mansions, buildings
shoes
dresses, fashion (ok, these are more for me :)
animals
birds (geninne.com is a wonderful example of an amazing bird illustrator)
please add comments if you have more subjects for us to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment